Sunday, September 7, 2008

One's Hope


I've been contemplating the term- Putting one's hope in the Lord. That phrase I know is used alot in the Psalms and I was thinking about how to do that. I found a good picture of what it looks like- Caden's hand in his dad's hands :) and this helped me think what do I hope for in the future

- vacations :),
-desserts!,
-relaxing weekends,
-good days.
Thoughts that give me a sense of hope are things I desire. Then I started to think about what God says about me and what HE desires for ME
-good plans
-give me a future
-purpose
-life
-prosper
Thinking about these does give me hope! and I need to learn to desire them more


4 comments:

Jeni said...

I LOVE that picture! And those are some great thoughts...

You know what else was a great thought? Your thought about coffee... But maybe we should go visit Noel on our next coffee excursion! :)

Erica said...

good idea! Jeni

No(dot dot)el said...

hee hee hee, YES YES you should.
great thoughts on hope. i am still not over my hope fixations and what it means and what it looks like. what makes it different than wishful thinking or faith. i love the picture also thanks for the encouragement erica.
i do hope i see both you and jeni at work one night.

Jeni said...

So, when do you want to go?