Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Weather and Oregan Health Science University



I love this weather! The sun in the morning and the rain in the afternoon is a great change from the sun all day long day after day. Now understand I have lived in Nevada my whole life. I don't think I have ever seen our humidity at 67% (thanks Mike Alger for noting that).

Before I applied to be an RN at Washoe, now Renown, I applied to go to OHSU (Orgeon health science university). I went up for an interview and everything. I was applying to their ICU department and they took the best of the best ;). I had my apartment picked out and my roommate picked out as well. My roommate to be was a fellow Nevadean who was and did go to OHSU for her DDM (a dentist). What held me back?? A young man named Andy I had met a few months prior and who I really really liked and he liked me more :). Andy was so calm and patient as I finally came to the decision not to be employed by OHSU. On a side note, I was told by my could be future employer that I had to pay to park my car in the hospital garage while I was working.. What in the world?? No wonder people ride their bikes everywhere up there.


I didn't get accepted to be in their ICU deparment but another floor offered me a job. I declined, I decided Nevada isn't that bad especially because since there was a certain young man who lived there. Even if I had been offered the position that I wanted, I don't know if I would have accepted. I'm awefully glad I made the decision that I did.

So all that to say, I am fond of this weather and it makes me think of what it would have been like to live up in Oregon, but for this week I can have the weather/ great greenness too! plus I have my man!

1 comment:

TimmyMac said...

Thanks for sharing him with us tonight . . . We enjoy his company too . . .