Saturday, June 20, 2009

Poop

My husband is off with his Cimmerian airsoft group camping the weekend away. Andy plans his camping trips out years in advance! So I had plenty of time to prepare for the weekend alone with the kiddos. Andy trying to give me motivation for me to be completely exhausted this weekend offered to let me go to Peru with my parents and my sister as they go and see Machu Picchu (if I knew how to do those clever little links I would use that now).

This was very tempting but the 2 draw backs, I would be taking Caden with me and as he did great in Australia, I think trying to cart a baby around in a 3rd world country would be no vacation at all and I would like to save this type of vacation for us as a family or with just Andy and me :)

So last night of course, Caden cried for the better half of the night. As soon as I get up, I check on him and he is fine sleeping away now cause now it's Morgan's turn to be up. I go back to bed and then wake up at 8. I go into Caden's room and it smells like a poop. No problem. Yah, but this blow out has gone through his diaper/ onesies/ and he is crawling around in it as it is smearing on everything. It's all over his legs and arms and everywhere in his crib. I put him in the bathtube and start the clean up. I should get a special applause for this. My husbands calls right at that moment as I am putting Caden in the bath with his poopy outfit on and poop is everywhere in the bathroom now. I answer calmly and tell him what happens and ask him to call back as I'm up to my elbows in poop.

So right now, I'm eating an ice cream sandwhich at the computer with cartoons on and there is brown stuff all over my shirt which I'm pretty sure is poop and I just don't care....

4 comments:

laura said...

I am only laughing right now because this is the exact scene I walk into too often at work, except with a 160lb ETOH-er, instead of a cute little Caden:) Want to trade?

Erica said...

No I've done my time cleaning up other people's poop and bodily waste ;) and I am grateful that I am blood related to the poop :0. It did have me wishing there were some latex gloves hanging from the wall. Maybe I'll hang my own little box in his bedroom.

Jeni said...

Just remember-- you're grateful for the poop.

And since this is over and you lived to tell about it, I must say that it is hilarious... I'm sure it wasn't at the time, but you telling about it after the fact-- hilarious!

TimmyMac said...

I have been there, sister . . . All four of my children pooped at one time another . . .