Wednesday, April 14, 2010

just got to do some stuff!

I have recently been seeking employment. I have applied to the 2 hospitals here in the region for a per-dium position. Basically I would make my own schedule and work as needed. I had worked on several floors so I knew what type of patients I would like to care for :). There were some things I did NOT want to do. (work on the medical floor was one in particular) At the same time, I've been listening to this gal speak and one of the topics she talked about was grace.


One of the subtopics was determination and work (everyone cringes). The example was Namaan and how he traveled along ways to seek Elisha to get healing. He put all this effort into going to Elisha and then Elisha tells him to go to the Jordan and dip seven times in the river and he

"became furious and went away and said, Indeed, I said to myself, He will surely come to me and stand and call on the name of the LORD his God and wave his hand over the place, and heal the leporsy"

in other words

I don't wanna....it's too hard...I want Elisha to wave his hand over me!


and I realized that there somethings that I just have to do and rather then an instant miraculous, wave your hand and it happens, there are some things that I got to physically go out and do.

This really hit home, when finally I got to speak to a real life person on the other end of human resources and she told me that because I have been out of direct patient contact for awhile the hospital wouldn't employ me in a perdium position but I would have to try part time or full time place.

So this is the door that is open, that if I want to work I will have to DOOOOO. Honestly I was hoping for this miraculous phone call from the head of ICU saying "we've waited 5 years for you and finally your here, can you come and work for us just a few times a month!!!".....yah probably not going to happen.

So I think I'll keep things as is for a bit longer but now I know what I need to DOO to get the job :)

No comments: