Monday, October 8, 2007

Back Home


The last 5 days have been a whirl of excitement and extreme tiredness. I headed off to up -state New York with my daughter and my folks to go see the relatives and some friends. It went well even though after a trip like this you come home from your vacation feeling like you need another one, but alone with just your husband and daugther on a deserted island!

My favorite part was seeing the fall colors back east though. That part was very relaxing. Just to give you an idea of the brillance of them the picture above is of my Great Uncle's house. I love Nevada..... no I like Nevada but love the people in Nevada, don't care much for the card board boxes for hills some times especially compared to this.

4 comments:

scoeyd said...

The more I travel, the more I appreciate home. Even the browns. And especially the mountains. And the people... I never want to take them for granted.

How did Miss Morgan do in her travels?

Thanks for posting... & we're looking forward to dinner!

Erica said...

Morgan did o.k. on the airplane. There were some tough moments and all I can say is thank God for portable DVD players! and I was even thanking God for Elmo..

Never thought I would say that, but that was B.C (before children)

No(dot dot)el said...

the east coast is so beautiful but i have to agree, i do love where i live the older i get the more content i am with this being home. the picture you took is beautiful, is that where you stayed?

Erica said...

No, we stayed an 1 hour away from where this picture was taken. The house has been passed down through the Carlson's generations so it has some history