Friday, September 25, 2009

Vacation

So our week in Escondido is coming to an end. It's been very relaxing and fun. Before the vacation, Andy and I talked alot about how many days we would go 'do' something and home many days we would 'do nothing'. Based on our last vacations the past few years, we've discovered several things that send the whole day spiraling down hill or kids have melt downs.

Well our past experienced paid off. We would go to an entertainment place one day and then the next do nothing but chill in the house/pool. Every other day like that, so this time it has felt like a relaxing vacation.


Wondered how long I could live like this. At the moment it seems like I could do this for a long time, but then I think ( and I know ) I would begin to miss people and having meaningful interactions and being in other people's lives. So real life here we come back.


Interesting to watch other families at the pool and watch other 3 year olds have fits and other babies screaming plus noticing which families played with their kids in the pool and others who didn't. Believe me, if I didn't have to hold my kids in the pool because they couldn't touch, I don't know if I would be in there with them all the time either.


Great times and gooder times to come :)

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Glad that your past experience helped to make this an enjoyable vacation for you!

Also, I'm glad you decided to come back. I'd miss you if you didn't... :)

Erica said...

thanks Jeni. I couldn't stay away for that long. We caught UNR football on ESPN and I actually started missing Reno :)